Intense Tracer, one of the best enduro mountain bike, even the commpany itself says that the Tracer is their most popular bike. And for the 2017, the Tracer has been fully redesigned. But this is different, despite the bike gets Tracer name, the company says that this is trully different bike than previous Tracer model. What's the difference?
Tracer Factory Build Details:
• Frame: Tracer 275 SL carbon, 165mm travel, JS-Enduro Link suspension, carbon upper-link, internal cable routing, ISCG-05 mounts, Boost axle spacing
• Fork: Fox factory 36, Kashima, 160 mm, FIT4
• Shock: Fox factory Float X2
• Transmission: SRAM XX1/X01 Eagle 12-speed
• Crankset: Race Face Next SL, 34T
• Brakes: Shimano XTR, 180mm F, 180 mm R rotors
• Wheels: 27.5” Enve M70 carbon rims, DT Swiss 240s hubs 32-spokes
• Cockpit: Renthal FatBar Carbon 20mm rise x 780mm x 31.8mm handlebar, Renthal 40mm stem, Fabric Scoop Radius Pro saddle, RockShox Reverb Stealth seatpost, 150mm.
• Sizes: Small, medium, large, X-large
• Colors: Red/orange/yellow or matte grey/black
• Weight: 13.4kg/28.7 pounds (actual)
• MSRP: $10,399 USD
That's the Factory model, and Intense builds the new Tracer in several different models. We can see above what's difference; longer, slacker, more aggressive, and better for the down way. First, the Intense Tracer 2017 frame is made from carbon material, the result from Jeff Steber, the founder, and Cesar Rojo from Cero Design Studio. We know that most previous Intense bikes are using VPP (Virtual Pivot Point) for the suspension system, but the 2017 Tracer is using different system, which is called Enduro Link System.
With all those improvements, the 2017 Tracer has amazing price for a bike, with all models from Foundation to Factory, $4,599 to $10,399. The Foundation model is the entry level bike with lowest price than others. More about this beast, visit intensecycles.com.
photo: Lambert Photo on Pinkbike.